The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Republican BBQ Party

Huh What?

My landlord asked me if I have any plan for today and I said I don't have anything important. So he invited me to this charity event where I pay $25 and eat all the BBQ I want. It's held by the next town mayor at his home. Since I am new to the town and should meet people, I don't think I have anything to lose, so I went with my landlord.

Well, it's quite harmless, just met a bunch of Republican judges running for the court house, a congress man that represents the area, the mayor and a bunch of random people. Also the deputy fire marshal who looks exactly like how I would expect them to look like. The BBQ type.
It's like "Hey Joe, how are you? This is my friend Ying!"
"Oh hi Ying, nice to meet you!"
"Nice to meet you too!" *hand shake*
Then go on to the next person.

It's pretty stereotypical. The BBQ was interrupted(planned) by short speeches by the various candidates asking people to vote while everyone had their attention on the meat.

So it got me thinking, why does the justice department has to be involved in politics? I mean, when a person is on trial, what has political views got to do with deciding if he stole an apple or not?

Then my landlord explained, some people want more liberal minded judges, some want more conservative judges.

Well, then, what if a political person gets prosecuted, how does the justice system expect people to trust them to be fair if each judge has an obvious political stand?

Whatever, I don't even get to vote. The BBQ was decent though, although I wished I got to eat more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how these Republicans feel now?