The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Sunday, May 26, 2013

From nothing to nothing.

Life is about seeking value, especially one's own value. How is one's own value defined? When I was working for someone else, my value was defined by the need of my skills and time by my employer. However, my true value, as in what I really care about and want to contribute, was of no value to him - the person who signs my pay check and giving a value to how much I was worth.

I worked from 8-5, occasionally more hours a day. I got things done on time and to expected standards. That was my value, or rather, how others valued me. I was paid well, I felt like I was somewhat important. However, I was only important when I am spending my money.

Then I left the party, hoping to make something out of what I value. No one said it's going to be easy, I certainly didn't think it will be.

So I am here trying to create something positive out of my value. Being on my own, I do what I feel is right, but because I am alone, there's no one else to "feel the same right". You see, when you work for someone else, you don't really care what's really right because you are not doing it for yourself, you do as told. It's for the money. Ironically, when it's not really for the money, it's not right to anyone but yourself. That's what makes this journey so challenging. When everyone walks on existing paths, everyone doubts the path that doesn't yet exist.

So what is my value now? I have a clear vision of what I mean to myself, but what does my value mean to the others? Absolutely nothing. People's got to feed themselves and their families. That's right for them. So ultimately, does it still all come down to money? How much is my value worth then?

It's been a while since I've touched my camera, so there hasn't been new photos here to show off in a while, just whining from me. For those who come here to see photos, I guess this post is of little value to you. I doubt there's anyone here to hear my whine.

No comments: