The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Sunday, September 14, 2008

ALMS Detroit GP 2008

Detroit is packed with events over the Labor Day weekend as always. Detroit GP that features several races (Indy, SCCA and ALMS) on Belle Isle island as well as the Annual Detroit Jazz festival. Both are my favourites, so naturally, I went to both.



So the Grand Prix first. Well, I am not a huge fan of the American Le Mans series, but I do have my picks. The Audi R10 with its TDI diesel engines have always amazed me. It is also a rare opportunity to see these amazing machines on their limit up close, and so affordable. It's a great experience if you are into cars or racing. Even for people who aren't really into motor racing, it's still worth coming to.

So I was here last year. What's good about this year? Well, I got free tickets!!! We received free tickets from people who can't attend. Grand stand sits, which means we made an intant $120!!!

Lots of pics, here are some to tease:

















Porsche in the Pits



Aston's turn



The Pit Lane



It wasn't very easy to capture these zapping machines. They were going so fast that really put my lens and focusing skills to the test. Here are some lucky shots:





Alright. Of course, the highlight of the day would have to be the checkered flag. I was fortunate enough to be right in front of the start/finish line and captured the precious moment:







Acura won the race, and makes its way to the pits...



to be greeted by the Michelin man



and embraced by his crews



Who's that hot chick in the Audi race suit???



Well, the event is surely action packed, so there's more to be seen. Be sure to check here for the photo album where tons more are waiting for you!

No comments: