The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chinese Obligation

Atlanta High Museum



So I stood in line for 2.5 hours to see some clay. 2000 year-old clay that is. The last day of the Chinese Terracotta Army exhibition means I have to see it no matter what. It’s like an obligation being a Chinese especially when I am not anywhere near China. Well, the clay men are clay men. I already know about the background, the contributions by the first emperor who first introduced the standardization of language, currency as well as measurements on transportation and weaponry. It was indeed a revolutionary era and I am glad that modern civilization that we are today is able to look at his deeds in an objective way.

It took me a little under and hour to go through the exhibition and I proceeded to see the rest of the collection, trying to make my 2.5 hours worth while. The classic collection of art work isn’t all that impressive, but the contemporary art section surprised me. The Eames furniture, Herman Miller collection and a lot of contemporary art collection. Wow, I can actually relate to these! It feels like being back in Cranbrook, I felt home again!









My next Chinese obligation for me is to see the Panda in the Atlanta zoo!

More photos here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v73/molested_cow/Georgia%20Misc/Atlanta%20High%20Museum/

No comments: