The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Photo Entry: The Tidal Belt

What is the Tidal Belt? It simply refers to the region that is exposed when the tide subsides. A teacher organized a small outing for outside school learn to learn about the creatures living on the belt. The locals harvest shell fish and other seafood at the belt often for their own use and for sale, and the teacher invited one of the parents who frequent the area to teach the students about what's edible and what's not. Having grown up away from the coast, my only memories of the sea is limited. In the north, the water is polluted and people don't really pay respect to the environment, so finding creatures along the coast is quite a big deal for some years. I wasn't expecting much when I joined the kids to go to the belt, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sea cucumber, sea urchin, hermit crabs, regular crabs, star fish, eel... you name it, it was like a big seafood buffet! I've never see such happening place in my life, therefore, I decided to get myself a macro lens to capture these fellas. Before that lens arrives, here's some teasers.




 



















No comments: