The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Monday, July 20, 2009

After the photo walk - Krog St. underpass

My eyes lit when I followed the group and drove through this amazing gallery of contemporary art... I mean, graffiti tunnel. Immediately, ideas on how I want to photograph this place, the lens I will use, compositions, long exposures blah blah just popped one after another in my mind. Before I even parked my car, my mind was already there.



What seems to be a rather ghetto place is actually.... not that ghetto. Maybe it was because it was in broad day light. Maybe it was because I was with a bunch of people. But it says something when pedestrians walk through the tunnel like it's their daily routine. There were people walking their dogs, lady jogger on her run, cyclists and dad walking his son. We were definitely the most out of place guys.













Talking photography wise, I saw opportunities of capturing the light trails from the cars using long exposure. However, there was too much sunlight leaking into the tunnel for long exposures and lot's of photoshop was needed to bring the lightness down. I definitely want to revisit this place at night for some quality long exposures.





A few more photos here if you are interested.

No comments: