The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 3, 2013

My new hobby!

Rock collecting is a common hobby here, but it's illegal to remove rocks and drift wood from the beach. Well I always thought I won't be interested in collecting rocks until I have retired and bored out of my mind... not until I saw these guys.

 photo DSC_6912_zps558e71c4.jpg

 photo DSC_6910_zpsebbcedaf.jpg

 photo DSC_6905_zpsa6792ec6.jpg

 photo DSC_6901_zpsbc68c699.jpg

 photo DSC_6899_zps343a7e04.jpg

 photo DSC_6898_zps6ff03a46.jpg

 photo DSC_6895_zps5dfc0f88.jpg



Well, it's probably not hard to figure out what they are. I call these "designer rocks"! To me it's interesting to see what becomes of human thrash on the beach after being subjected to the natural process of weathering, and often the result is rather surprising. In this case, it's amusing!

Here's one of the rocks in various views.

 photo views_zps184b1921.jpg

And since these are technically man-made thrash, I don't suppose it's illegal to take home?

No comments: