The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Photo SuperStars!

Well, I don't know how to start this. My grandparents(especially grandma) have been bugging us to take some photos for them, so that they have one ready when the day comes. We took a few a few years back but lost the negatives, so here we are again, happily preparing for that day when your photo really matters.



The best place for the photo shoot is of course, in our own farms. There's nothing more appropriate than the very banana trees and sugar cane stalks that they raised themselves. Photography is something pretty foreign to the older generations. In the past when cameras were explosive, photographs are for very special occasions as they are very expensive. So, while we are so used to cameras whether they belong to your friends telling you to say "cheese" or paparazzis sneaking their lens up your windows, we have a generation that simply don't know how to act in front of the camera.

So here's how it began... we went to the farm and both my sister and I showed our weapons. With two SLRs aimed at them, we told them to "relax" and "smile". It's obviously harder than expected....



It was a struggle... for my grandparents, but I soon developed a trick, which is, after the first click, I'll say,"Alright that's it!" Then my grandma will really smile because she thought it's over, and here's when I capture the moment. This also means that, for me who still use film camera, I will have to use two shots to get one right. Well, it was worth it!





WHAT'S SO FUNNY???



After which we sat under this big tree to enjoy the precious hour before sunset. As usual, my grandma is always eager to go back, because it's going to get dark, and because she needs to prepare dinner. The truth is, it's a habit. Their lives evolve around the house and the farm so much that they don't feel safe leaving them for too long. So what if the sun sets? So what if it's past dinner time? There's always another evening and dinner.

Well, we won't let them go, so the camera continues to work...



No comments: