The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grand American Tour (Part I: Ft Lauderdale)

Atlanta > Ft. Lauderdale > New York City > Los Angeles > San Jose > Chicago > Atlanta

The ability to travel is a privilege, and I love to spoil myself with it. Since there hasn’t been anything going on with my professional life, and that my friends have been bugging me to go visit them(hey, why don’t you people visit me?), I decided to take a long trip around the country to see what’s going on. There wasn’t any planning, and it was all in the hands of fate.

So first stop was Ft.Lauderdale. Well, this was a really short stop. The weather was cloudy for the two days I was around in town and there wasn’t anything really happening, therefore I didn’t take any photo. I cannot really make any good comment on my experience, except that the roads reminded me of the mid west… all flat and straight tarmac strips. Oh yes, I know what to say. Florida did remind me of Singapore. On the first sight of a little lizard running into the bushes, it was instant memory recall for me. It’s been quite a while since lizards are a common sight, and I feel all tropical… and sticky again.

Ft.Lauderdale was surprising like what the media portray South Florida as. It’s very Hollywood with all the rich and flamboyant all over in downtown. Sports cars and big wheels were plenty. Everyone dressed up, even on a weekday night. Well, maybe it’s because I am too dorky, but it seems that there is a strong push away from the past. It’s all about the contemporary, the now and what hot. All I can really say about my experience was, South Florida should get the title “Silicone Valley” with the “e”.

No comments: