The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grand American Tour (Part II point V: Virgin Airlines)

Before I go to Los Angeles, I have to mention the flight. Why? Because this is what the flying experience should be… no, it should be even better! Ever wonder why when the whole world moves on and everything progresses, only two things never seem to attached with the world. 1. Kim Jong Il’s brain. 2. Flying experience in the United States. When I was in Detroit, the only option was NorthWest Airlines. Absolutely horrible. I cannot imagine how I endured the several 17-hour flights back home. Well, basically, as soon as I got onto the plane, I shut my brain off.

This time, I took Virgin Airplines. It was a direct flight and one of the cheapest on Priceline. I never really knew what it’s like flying Virgin Airlines, but I had a feeling that it was going to be better than any American airline. I was right.

First impression, night club. The interior of the plane used purple and pink lights, making you forget that you are on an airplane. Then, the sits seem to have more room for the legs… I bet it was simple because the sits were actually “styled” making me think that it’s simply better. Anyways, here comes the passenger entertainment system. Every service onboard is pretty much controlled via the screen in front of you. If you want a sandwich? Just press the button and pay with credit card like how you would make an online purchase. No need to hit the “bing” button and wait for the attendant to come and ask you what’s up, then go back to get your item then take your credit card. It shortens the purchasing process from 3 to 2 steps, of which one is done by yourself! So what does this mean? This means that they only have one attendant for the main cabin. Great efficiency!

Oh, and here’s something really unexpected. Ever have the experience where no one around you wants to have a friendly chat? I am sure there are plenty lonely souls onboard, but not sitting around you. No problem, just use the onboard chat room! Yes, a virtual chat room for passengers! I wonder if this will actually create some kind of eerieness when the person who’s talking to you knows who you are but you don’t know who he/she is, then end up walking around the whole plane trying to find out his/her real identity, end up cracking down on a terror attack!!! Ha, another blockbuster waiting to hit the theaters. So 6 hours flew by quickly even though I didn’t want to spend a single cent on the movies or food. I sure think at least Virgin understands the essence of hospitality and actually hires a decent looking lady as the attendant… not that I am being a jerk, but it does makes everything seem more “professional”.

No comments: