The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Friday, August 28, 2015

Taiwan Road Trip 2015 #10: Mt. Sixty Stone Night Party!

 photo Pano01_zpswu2120yk.jpg

It's been a bucket list item of mine to shoot stars on Mt. Sixty Stone. I've been to Mt. Sixty Stone many times and know this mountain inside out, but never once I had a chance to shoot stars here, and been imagining how great it would be. I didn't want to waste any opportunity so I came up here on the second day. I've never driven up the road in pitch black before, so I pretty much relied on my memory of how the roads went. It was pretty direct, except I had to dodge snakes and other critters that come out to chill in the darkness.

Getting onto the mountain I quickly stopped and looked up. It was awesome, just too good to be true. The night was specially clear and the milky way shined like there was a galaxy of party happening. I quickly drove up to the top of the mountain and sure enough, there were also a few other photographers honoring the great show of nature. There I was, finally did it and had a great time. As I also planned to shoot from the opposite side of the mountain, I took my shots as quick as I could and hurried to the other spot, only to be surrounded by thick clouds just like those at Mt. Fushou and Mt. Hehuan. The wind was strong and I thought I should wait for a while to try my luck, but the clouds kept coming, and I had to call it a day. Still, some precious shots were harvested!

 photo DSC_9752_zpsswfxiulc.jpg

 photo DSC_9744_zpsbrun3is6.jpg

 photo DSC_9746_zpseirvagq8.jpg

 photo DSC_9747_zpspqx6jsne.jpg

No comments: