The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grand American Tour Day 02: New Orleans

Hmmm.... took me damn long to get the hell out of Florida!!! I never knew how big the state is until I had to drive through the pan handle. After about 12 hours, I am finally outta there!

Things went really fast from then on. Alabama, Mississippi then Louisiana. They all just lined up one after an other. Eventually, New Orleans is within sight!

Oh BTW, I managed to do 29.85 miles per gallon on my 14 yr old Honda. I will inflate the tires more and see how much more I can get.

It's weird that human society will disapprove many things, but then set a zone where these disapproved things are approved. Las Vegas, Red Light district in Amsterdam... New Orleans' French Quarter is one such place. It has almost everything except gambling. Sex, alcohol, being homeless, being weird, being drunk, being broke, being filthy rich, being filthy kinky.... you name it. There isn't much to say from me, just enjoy the photos.

Oh, I did try jambalaya, gumbo, crawfish boil and beans and rice on the first night. Need to get oyster poboy next!!!

I also went to Snug Harbor for some Brazilian Jazz. Well, not the best I've seen. I think the drummer needs to hit lighter. He's killing the harmony!


Through Mobile


New Orleans within sight!


Woah, Alaska plate!!!


















There are a lot of people who just stand around and expect people to give them money.... WTF?!










Did not get permission from mom.....


































These guys are awesome!!!





















Click HERE for all the rest of the photos!!!

No comments: