The Cow is critical of the grass, or it should be. It doesn't matter where it grazes, there's always different tastes to comment on. So join the cow and cowaround the world!

Cowing Around

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jobless Day Zero

Hmm.... reality is still taking its time to sink in. Today feels like any other day even though I spent most of my time chasing different folks down to bid goodbye. After a dinner with Chi and Min, and back home, met Lin, her husband and her daughter, then took a shower and watched a movie on my laptop, I then realized that I do not have a job, and about to embark on a change in life, a change that I decided to make, one that is bigger than anything that I've done for myself. I am strangely calm. Or perhaps, this is the panic side of me that I never knew.

Perhaps, after my road trip, after I've returned to Taiwan and finished whatever I need to get done, I'd realized, again, that life is new. Instead of feeling excited, I may feel anxious because then I really have an open road, road with no lane markings, no direction, no sign, no orientation. How will I take that? I don't know. And just thinking that makes my current situation sort of a luxury. At least, I know what my immediate step is.

How many times in life does one get to hit the "reset" button? I don't know, but it's definitely at least once.

If you have a reset button in front of you, do you dare to press it?

No comments: